INTERMEDIATE TO SENIOR E&I DESIGNER
TWS Engineering is looking for an Intermediate to Senior E&I Designer to join our Edmonton office industrial group. The individual will be part of a team supporting our oil, gas, mining and manufacturing clients. The role will be office based with occasional trips to site. The position is a full-time salary position however part time and contract will be considered as well.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Electrical or Instrumentation Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T).
- 5-10 years of industrial E&I experience in an EPC or consulting engineering environment.
- Develop electrical and instrumentation related drawings, schedules, datasheets and reports.
- Ability to prepare preliminary designs based on vague instructions or incomplete information.
- Ability to review and apply industry and client standards and procedures to project designs and deliverables.
- Cross-discipline coordination with a project team of engineers and designers.
- Work with document control to request new drawing revisions and equipment tags.
- Conduct site visits to gather data, take measurements and photos for initial inspections and drawing as-builts.
- Develop Bills of Materials (BOMs) and complete Material Take-Offs (MTO).
- Experienced with AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Experienced with electrical design software including ETAP, AGI32, CompuTrace and equivalents.
- Experienced with SmartPlant Electrical and Instrumentation.
- Design experience in disciplines other than E&I is considered an asset.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Outgoing personality and critical thinking ability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- MS office skills.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer real advancement potential within a team environment where outstanding performance is reviewed. You won't get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact.
We are on a fast track and looking for winners. If this sounds like you, email your CV to:
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.