CIVIL DESIGNER / TECHNOLOGIST
Team TWS is comprised of loyal employees who are passionate about their work. We encourage a fun learning environment and encourage employees to foster strong peer and client relationships.
We are committed to sustainable design and minimizing our footprint on the planet while maintaining maximum value for our clients.
We have an office environment built on respect, where everyone is conserved an essential and valuable member of the team.
An opportunity exists in our Edmonton, AB office for a Civil Designer/Technologist to become part of a dynamic group providing professional services to our clients in the Buildings sector. You will work as part of a multi discipline team, and will be responsible for production of technical drawings, from initial planning to design and construction for commercial, industrial and institutional public and private facilities, using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
The ideal candidate will have a principal understanding of civil engineering concepts and systems; have solid technical abilities; be a skilled problem solver with attention to detail and strong communication skills. You must have successfully completed a related technical training or diploma program from an accredited post-secondary institution and have a minimum of 4-6 years working experience.
The individual will be a self-starter and expected to work independently on projects as a member of an interdisciplinary design team.
- Prepare contract drawings, details and sketches from conceptual design, through tender to construction documents.
- Experience in Municipal and road Drafting.
- Knowledge of Civil design principles.
- Produce aspects of civil design and drawings in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Facilitate and ensuring the quality of the drawings and graphic work produced for the team.
- Communicate with other team members during the Civil 3D model production.
- Ensure Civil 3D and AutoCAD standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production.
- Coordinate project with client and multidisciplinary design team.
- Work to meet project time lines.
- Perform field verification and measurements and accurately transfer this information to the drawings.
- Conduct site observation and/or inspection activities during design or construction phases of the project.
- Assist in the tender and construction process through the review of submittals, shop drawings and RFIs.
- Keep up-to-date on new products, technologies, design processes and drafting techniques.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience using Civil 3D software and AutoCAD in the preparation, drafting, and design of engineering drawings for a variety of Municipal and Road Drafting.
- Well experienced and knowledgeable with recent and current versions of AutoCAD, and Civil 3D.
- Strong attention to detail and experience with civil detailing is essential.
- Experience with building design codes and the Canadian Building Code is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a “team player” approach to design and problem solving.
- Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to conduct site travel.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer real advancement potential within a team environment where outstanding performance is rewarded. You won’t get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact.
We are on a fast track and looking for winners. If this sounds like you, email your CV to the attention of Mr. Terry Smith, P.Eng.
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.